Metro Track work to Affect Weekend Transit- 11/4 to 11/5
Reconstruction of the Metrorail system will continue over the following weekend. More information about this weekend’s track work can be found at wmata.com.
Yellow Line: Huntington to National Airport only
7:00 a.m. Saturday, November 4 until closing Sunday, November 5
- Yellow Line trains will operate between Huntington and National Airport only to allow for work on the Yellow Line bridge. Customers traveling to/from other stations should use Blue and/or Green Line trains to complete their trip. At National Airport, transfer between Yellow and Blue line trains on the same platform.
- Customers traveling to National Airport should transfer to Blue Line trains at L'Enfant Plaza.
- Sunday, November 5 from 8:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. only: There will be no Yellow Line Service. Blue Line trains will operate between Huntington and Largo Town Center. Free shuttle buses will operate between Franconia-Springfield, Van Dorn Street and Eisenhower Avenue stations.
Blue Line: Franconia-Springfield – King St shutdown
8:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. Sunday, November 5
- Stations closed: Franconia-Springfield and Van Dorn St
- Free shuttle buses will operate between Franconia-Springfield, Van Dorn St and Eisenhower Ave stations. Please add 10-15 minutes of travel time for each station stop.
- Blue Line trains will operate every 15 minutes at all other times to coordinate with work on the Orange Line.
Other weekend highlights include Red and Orange Line trains operating every 30 minutes. More information available at wmata.com.
**Reposted from Email